Hey there! I’m Chrisnelle Joie. (Joie is what I typically go by) I am a mother of 2 crazy, beautiful, smart, and crazy talented kiddos. I am also a proud wife to my wonderful husband (who is also a wonderful step-dad), Matt. I love to create. I love to learn. I have many passions and believe in living life to it’s fullest. Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Food! I’m an all around food enthusiast. I love to eat and explore new restaurants. I love how food gives me an outlet to be creative, whether it is in sugar art, cake decorating, baking, cooking, or food photography and styling.
- Traveling. I’ve been blessed to have traveled quite a bit in my 35 years. I’ve been to Europe twice!
- I love being outdoors. Beach, mountains, woods… nature calms, relaxes, and inspires me.
- Theatre. All styles. I’m currently in a production of The Tragedy of Dr. Faustus at STLCC-Meramec. I also LOVE Musical theatre!
- Entertaining and hosting. I love the company of others and love spending time with friends and family. I especially love it around good food and drink. ;)
- Music. My husband is a web developer by day and musician by night. Super talented! He plays keys, guitar, electric bass, and can carry a tune. Primarily an upright bass player who is into Jazz. Bass player husband= lucky girl.
- Reading. Books, magazines, blogs… I love being taken away to another place and/or inspired by others.
Joie’s Kitchen was founded in April of 2012 after studying the art of cake decorating and interning at the French Pastry School in Chicago, IL. I was eager to start my own business in Fl when I returned home from Chicago, and was blessed to be able to do so for others, as a PT job, in my home town. We moved to St. Louis in 2013 and I was fortunate to have a small booth and business at The Ferguson Farmer’s Market in Ferguson, MO. Having grown up in a home with a mom who made most of our meals from scratch, and who insisted we all eat together as a family, I hope to bring that same family love and hospitality to you. Passionate about Filipino food, I feel that Niceville needs to have more availability to this delicious cuisine. I hope to introduce you to my heritage and history. Overall, I hope you are able to find something to your liking at Joie’s Kitchen.
JOIE’S APPETITE BLOG
This blog has been a way to share with friends and family since 2010. It’s just another creative outlet that allows me to share my family’s adventures and my passion for life with all of you.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and look around the blog. Say hello and drop me a line at email@example.com, or connect with me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.